Terms of website use
Information about us
The site(s) are operated by Ajilon (UK) Limited ("We", “Us”, “Our”). Ajilon (UK) Limited, trading as “Computer People”, (company number: 01458245) whose registered office is located at Millennium Bridge House, 2 Lambeth Hill, London, EC4V 4BG; VAT No. 232 3479 75
We are a limited company and a member of the Recruitment and Employment Confederation (Membership Number 00056785). We operate as both an employment business and an employment agency and are subject to the Conduct of Employment Agencies and Employment Businesses Regulations 2003.
“Computer People” is part of the Adecco Group UK&I (a full list of which is set out below)
Companies within the Adecco Group UK & Ireland
- Adecco UK Limited; (registered no. 00593232)
- Computer People and Ajilon Consulting both trading division of Ajilon (UK) Limited (registered number 01458245)
- Badenoch and Clark Limited (registered no. 01356186)
- Beeline.com Limited (registered no. 01694209)
- Glotel International Limited (registered number 02435654)
- hy-phen.com Limited (registered number: 03399532)
- Judd Farris Limited (registered no. 03964665)
- Modis Europe Limited (registered no. 02014344)
- Modis Solutions and Ajilon Consulting, both trading divisions of Modis International Limited (registered no. 01625479)
- Office Angels Limited; (registered number: 01985032)
- Roevin Management Services Limited (registered number: 02436481)
- Spring Personnel Limited (registered number: 04120467)
- Spring Technology Staffing Services Limited (registered number: 01923903)
- Adecco Ireland Limited; (registered no. 29944) Registered Office 4th Floor, 33-39 Nassau Street, Dublin 2, Ireland. VAT No 8F68975J
Accessing our site(s)
Access to our site(s) is permitted on a temporary basis, and we reserve the right to withdraw or amend the service we provide on our site(s) without notice (see below). We will not be liable if for any reason our site(s) is unavailable at any time or for any period.
From time to time, we may restrict access to some parts of our site(s), or our entire site, to users who have registered with us.
You are responsible for making all arrangements necessary for you to have access to our site(s). You are also responsible for ensuring that all persons who access our site(s) through your internet connection are aware of these terms, and that they comply with them.
You may use our site only for lawful purposes. You may not use our site:
• In any way that breaches any applicable local, national or international law or regulation.
• In any way that is unlawful or fraudulent, or has any unlawful or fraudulent purpose or effect.
• For the purpose of harming or attempting to harm minors in any way.
• To transmit, or procure the sending of, any unsolicited or unauthorised advertising or promotional material or any other form of similar solicitation (spam).
• To knowingly transmit any data, send or upload any material that contains viruses, Trojan horses, worms, time-bombs, keystroke loggers, spyware, adware or any other harmful programs or similar computer code designed to adversely affect the operation of any computer software or hardware.
You also agree:
• Not to access without authority, interfere with, damage or disrupt:
- any part of our site;
- any equipment or network on which our site is stored;
- any software used in the provision of our site; or
- any equipment or network or software owned or used by any third party.
Intellectual property rights
We are the owner or the licensee of all intellectual property rights in our site(s), and in the material published on it. Those works are protected by copyright laws and treaties around the world. All such rights are reserved.
You may print off one copy, and may download extracts, of any page(s) from our site(s) for your personal reference and you may draw the attention of others within your organisation to material posted on our site(s).
You must not modify the paper or digital copies of any materials you have printed off or downloaded in any way, and you must not use any illustrations, photographs, video or audio sequences or any graphics separately from any accompanying text.
Our status (and that of any identified contributors) as the authors of material on our site(s) must always be acknowledged.
You must not use any part of the materials on our site(s) for commercial purposes without obtaining a licence to do so from us or our licensors.
The logos and/or designs used on this website are registered trademarks belonging to us or our parent, subsidiary or associated companies and you do not have the right to use such trademarks without our express permission.
Reliance on information posted
Commentary and other materials posted on our site(s) are not intended to amount to advice on which reliance should be placed. We therefore disclaim all liability and responsibility arising from any reliance placed on such materials by any visitor to our site(s), or by anyone who may be informed of any of its contents.
Our site(s) changes regularly
We aim to update our site(s) regularly, and may change the content at any time. If the need arises, we may suspend access to our site(s), or close it indefinitely. Any of the material on our site(s) may be out of date at any given time, and we are under no obligation to update such material.
The material displayed on our site(s) is provided without any guarantees, conditions or warranties as to its accuracy. To the extent permitted by law, we, other members of our group of companies and third parties connected to us hereby expressly exclude:
• All conditions, warranties and other terms which might otherwise be implied by statute, common law or the law of equity.
• Any liability for any direct, indirect or consequential loss or damage incurred by any user in connection with our site(s) or in connection with the use, inability to use, or results of the use of our site(s), any website(s) linked to it and any materials posted on it, including, without limitation any liability for:
• loss of income or revenue;
• loss of business;
• loss of profits or contracts;
• loss of anticipated savings;
• loss of data;
• loss of goodwill;
• wasted management or office time; and
for any other loss or damage of any kind, however arising and whether caused by tort (including negligence), breach of contract or otherwise, even if foreseeable.
This does not affect our liability for death or personal injury arising from our negligence, nor our liability for fraudulent misrepresentation or misrepresentation as to a fundamental matter, nor any other liability which cannot be excluded or limited under applicable law.
Information about you and your visits to our site(s)
Transactions concluded through our site(s)
Contracts for the supply of services formed through our site(s) or as a result of visits made by you are governed by our standard terms and conditions of business unless agreed otherwise in writing by a director of the company.
Uploading material to our site(s)
We will use your information and the subsequent information we collect about you, to create a database. This database and the information it contains will be used by the Adecco SA Group of companies and their clients for the purpose of assessing your suitability, qualifications, and skills not only for current work assignments but also for work assignments which we think may be of interest to you in the future.
We may also use your information (or give your information to other organisations to use) to keep you informed by email, telephone and/or mail about future work opportunities, industry updates and additional products and services which we consider may be of interest to you and to conduct research and compile reports.
By responding to our subsequent enquires you are deemed to consent to our processing personal data about you where necessary for the above purposes, including the processing of any sensitive personal data about you.
If you do not want to receive any information from either us or third parties, tell us when you next contact us.
If you wish to receive a copy of the information we hold about you, write to Gareth Davies, Data Protection Officer, Ajilon (UK) Limited, Millennium Bridge House, 2 Lambeth Hill, London, EC4V 4BG.
Viruses, hacking and other offences
You must not misuse our site(s) by knowingly introducing viruses, trojans, worms, logic bombs or other material which is malicious or technologically harmful. You must not attempt to gain unauthorised access to our site(s), the server on which our site(s) is stored or any server, computer or database connected to our site(s). You must not attack our site(s) via a denial-of-service attack or a distributed denial-of service attack.
By breaching this provision, you would commit a criminal offence under the Computer Misuse Act 1990. We will report any such breach to the relevant law enforcement authorities and we will co-operate with those authorities by disclosing your identity to them. In the event of such a breach, your right to use our site(s) will cease immediately.
We will not be liable for any loss or damage caused by a distributed denial-of-service attack, viruses or other technologically harmful material that may infect your computer equipment, computer programs, data or other proprietary material due to your use of our site(s) or to your downloading of any material posted on it, or on any website linked to it.
Linking to our site(s)
You may link to our home page, provided you do so in a way that is fair and legal and does not damage our reputation or take advantage of it, but you must not establish a link in such a way as to suggest any form of association, approval or endorsement on our part where none exists.
You must not establish a link from any website that is not owned by you.
Our site(s) must not be framed on any other site, nor may you create a link to any part of our site(s) other than the home page. We reserve the right to withdraw linking permission without notice.
If you wish to make any use of material on our site(s) other than that set out above, please address your request to email@example.com.
Links from our site(s)
Where our site(s) contains links to other site(s) and resources provided by third parties, these links are provided for your information only. We have no control over the contents of those site(s) or resources, and accept no responsibility for them or for any loss or damage that may arise from your use of them.
Jurisdiction and applicable law
If you have any concerns about material which appears on our site(s), please contact Legal Services, Ajilon UK Limited, Millennium Bridge House, 2 Lambeth Hill, London, EC4V 4BG.
Thank you for visiting our site(s).
Ajilon (UK) Limited trading as Computer People ("We") are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 (the Act), the data controller is Ajilon (UK) Limited of Millennium Bridge House, 2 Lambeth Hill, London, EC4V 4BG.
Our nominated representative for the purpose of the Act is Gareth Davies, Head of Legal Services.
Information we may collect from you
We may collect and process the following data about you:
• Information that you provide by filling in forms on our site(s) http://www.computerpeople.co.uk/ (our site(s)). This includes information provided at the time of registering to use our site(s), subscribing to our service, posting material or requesting further services. We may also ask you for information when you enter a competition or promotion sponsored by Ajilon (UK) Limited, and when you report a problem with our site(s).
• When you register with us we may (depending upon which service you register for) ask for one or more of the following fields: your name, email, address, date of birth, gender, education, skills and qualifications, employment history (including remuneration details), references, ethnic origins, criminal records, personal interests, job requirements (including location, salary sought, job industry, job title) plus any other information you may volunteer to us as part of the sign-up process.
• If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence.
• We may also ask you to complete surveys that we use for research purposes, although you do not have to respond to them.
• Details of transactions you carry out through our site(s) and of the fulfilment of your orders.
• Details of your visits to our site(s) including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data, whether this is required for our own billing purposes or otherwise and the resources that you access.
IP addresses and cookies
We may collect information about your computer, including where available your IP address, operating system and browser type, for system administration and to report aggregate information to our advertisers. This is statistical data about our users' browsing actions and patterns, and does not identify any individual.
For the same reason, we may obtain information about your general internet usage by using a cookie file which is stored on the hard drive of your computer. Cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer's hard drive. They help us to improve our site(s) and to deliver a better and more personalised service. They enable us:
• To estimate our audience size and usage pattern.
• To store information about your preferences, and so allow us to customise our site(s) according to your individual interests.
• To speed up your searches.
• To recognise you when you return to our site(s).
Where we store your personal data
Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our site(s), you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Athough we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site(s); any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
Uses made of the information
We use information held about you in the following ways:
• To ensure that content from our site(s) is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
• To provide you with information, products or services that you request from us or which we feel may interest you, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes.
• To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us.
• To allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so.
• To notify you about changes to our service.
We may also use your data, or permit selected third parties to use your data, to provide you with information about goods and services which may be of interest to you and we or they may contact you about these by post or telephone.
Disclosure of your information
We may disclose your personal information to any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in section 736 of the UK Companies Act 1985.
We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
If we or substantially all of our assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise the right at any time by contacting us at Legal Services, Millennium Bridge House, 2 Lambeth Hill, London, EC4V 4BG.
Our site(s) may, from time to time, contain links to and from third party website(s). If you follow a link to any of these website(s), please note that these website(s) have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these website(s).
Access to information
The Act gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act. Any access request may be subject to a fee of £10 to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.